Pageviews

Monday, July 12, 2010

Oxygen

I was reading something today and it was so good I had to share it. It is from the book "Mormonism Unmasked" by R. Philip Roberts.
"When one adds good works or Mormon attributes to grace, grace changes. It is no longer trust only in God's forgiveness through Christ; it becomes confidence in one's own good or religious works as well. When Oxygen stands alone, it is life-giving. When even one part of carbon is added to it though, it becomes carbon monoxide which deprives one of life-giving oxygen. The same principle is true of grace-it only gives eternal life when it stands alone."
Now you have to admit that is good, right? When I was Mormon, I loved God, I knew He loved me, but I just couldn't seem to "do" enough to get Him to pay attention to me. I was hungry for Him, starving! I read the BOM every year, sometimes twice a year. It wasn't enough. I wanted to be near Him, to feel the peace to experience the joy. I just wasn't "good enough."
After I left I was empty, I thought I was going to just go to sleep and never wake up. What is life without God? It didn't take Him long to show me and give me the amazing gift of salvation. Just 2 months. I didn't fully understand what had happened to me but I knew I was free! I felt like I could fly!
I have learned since then that I was literally being deprived of the life giving "air" of His grace! Each day as I seek His face His love pours over me. I am truly partaking of the full pure "oxygen" of God. I love His Word! There He IS, not was, not can be, not might be if I do enough of whatever some guy can dream up. He is right here WITH me! 2 Corinthians 3:6 says:
"who also made us adequate as servants of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit, for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life."
If you are searching and can't find God, and you are in the Mormon church, find a Christian and ask them where He is, the answer is available. Accept Jesus, and breath!
Love, R:)

No comments:

Post a Comment